I wrote about the Gallery post format output change on my Design Blog with detailed instructions on the code I wrote and exactly what it does.
I just deactivated and removed most of my plugins. After a lot of thought I narrowed all my plugins down to just 6.
- Akismet: Because I’m sick of spam comments.
- Audio Player: For my audio posts
- Genesis Featured Widget Amplified: To build my featured posts (I wrote this one)
- Google Analytics for WordPress: I might just add the code manual and drop it but it is so nice.
- Gravity Forms: To handle my contact form, but it does so much more
- WP DBManager: To handle backups and other DataBase needs
Everything else is coded into the theme, which is built on the Genesis Framework. That’s how I can avoid so many plugins.